Saturday 26 April 2014

Birthday breakfast

I know Las Vegas is famous for the humongous breakfast buffets containing foods from around the globe piled up to the rafters ready for the hungover hoards. However, my favourite spot for breakfast in Vegas is the poolside cafe at the Bellagio, only hotel residents can dine there and in the morning the courtyard, in a quiet square shaded from the desert heat, is a serene and beautiful little oasis of calm. I love nothing more than sitting in the welcome peace (hard to find in Vegas) listening to the birds singing, the murmur of hushed conversations at the tables surrounding me, and the trickle of the pool fountains in the background. 

Breakfast here is a more decedent affair, my favourite being chewy golden bagels with lashings of rich creamed cheese and  smoked salmon. It's long been a tradition for me to make Christian this very same thing on his Birthday, and so this morning was no exception. 

Simply toast plain bagels lightly on both sides, and serve with good quality smoked salmon and a little pot of cream cheese on the side, lemon juice and cracked black pepper are an ideal garnish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment