Monday 14 July 2014

Pincho’s in Spain


I adore Spain, the food is incredible and the people are friendly. I’ve done most of the usual tourist spots in Spain over the years and have been to Sitges once before for a wedding, but never really got to know the town. This time I visited with 11 ladies for a hen party,  we stayed in an incredible town house that was seconds form the beach, slept 14 guests and had 2 private terraces; it was so beautifully decorated I could not believe the low cost price! https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/447492?s=N7FC  I would highly recommend it and the amazing owner ‘Angel’ who booked us restaurants and helped with food deliveries and maps of the town, nothing was too much of a problem.

Sitges itself has become a bit of a mecca for gay and lesbians and is chock full of colourful clubs and bars, however I would be back in a second for a romantic weekend with my husband as it also has a beautiful port area with some excellent restaurants, and over 10 local soft sand beaches including a nudist beach and child friendly options….something for everyone!


Angel ordered us Pincho’s from a local tavern for dinner one evening which were amazing! Pincho means spike or thorn, and are thus names because various toppings are spiked on to slices of bread with cocktail sticks, they are usually served on the bar to nibble on whist sipping Rioja or a cold beer. These were incredible, my highlight had to be a soft black chorizo sausage (similar to the English Black pudding but more intense) served with tiny fried quails eggs, it was salty and creamy and delicious! I also adored the salty intense Jamon Iberico topped with padron peppers. I can see a bit of a tapas style evening happening at my house soon, so will keep you posted on what I decide to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment